Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Stash: Wonderland


A few years ago I fell in love with Wonderland by Momo fabric.  You may recall I made a baby quilt with it and also a sewing machine cozy.  A few weeks ago I came across a listing for a layer cake of this now out-of-print and hard-to-find fabric.  The price reflected its rarity.  I decided to pass it up.

The next day, I looked it up and it was still available.  I still couldn't justify the purchase.  This same scene played out for a few days.

Then one night I had a dream.  In my dream, I woke up and decided to just bite the bullet and purchase the fabric.  However, when I looked it up it was already sold!  What a disappointment!  I literally woke up at 4 am and panicked.  I rolled over and checked my phone to see if it was still available.  It was!  (Sound huge sigh of relief.)  I clicked 'buy' without any hesitation.

One day I will make a big quilt for myself with this layer cake.  But until then, I can rest assured that I have some of this beautiful fabric in my possession.

My name is Stephanie and I literally dream of fabric.

(Linking up today at Sarah's Quilts.  Go over and justify your fabric stash!)

4 comments:

  1. Your story is hilarious! And I totally understand, I dream of fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you were clearly meant to have it! I wasn't familiar with it, so I just looked it up - those florals in the collection are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Glad you made your dream (literally!) come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love that story! Haha! That fabric purchase was MEANT TO BE.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!