Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Boxy Bag

I've been wanting to try a quilted patchwork bag ever since I saw Oh Fransson's amazing Weekender bag.  She kindly wrote up a tutorial for making the quilted patchwork panels (using the quilt as you go method).  A few weeks ago, I mustered up the motivation to try it.  The verdict: love it.  Here's the panel I came up with:


I organized my scraps by color a few months ago which helped the process go quicker.  I then turned the panel into a boxy bag using this super easy tutorial by Lolo Sinclair.


The only thing I will change the next time I make this bag (because I will be making more of these!) is to add a tab at the end of the zipper to make it easier to open.  Now that I've gotten my feet wet, I might dive into making a quilted Weekender bag next. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! Quilt as you go is a really fun method. Ok - I'm off to pull up this tutorial and add it to my "Must Sew" list:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pouch! Love it! I'm so happy my tutorial helped you to make this fantastic boxy pouch :)

    Lolo :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!